Cranberry wings remind me of all the wonderful celebrations and parties we've had through the years. My daughter?s friends can?t get enough of them. —Noreen Danek, Cromwell, CT
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 can (14 ounces) jellied cranberry sauce
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup hot pepper sauce
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried minced onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 5 pounds chicken wings (about 24 wings)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- Whisk together first 10 ingredients. For chicken, use a sharp knife to cut through two wing joints; discard wing tips. Place wing pieces in a 6-qt. electric pressure cooker; sprinkle with salt. Pour cranberry mixture over top. Lock lid; make sure vent is closed. Select manual setting; adjust pressure to high, and set time for 10 minutes. When finished cooking, quick-release pressure according to manufacturer's directions.
- Remove wings to a 15x10x1-in. pan; arrange in a single layer. Preheat broiler. Meanwhile, skim fat from cooking juices in pressure cooker. Select saute setting, and adjust for high heat. Bring juices to a boil; cook, stirring occasionally, until mixture is reduced by half, 20-25 minutes. In a small bowl, mix cornstarch and water until smooth; stir into juices. Return to a boil, stirring constantly; cook and stir until glaze is thickened, 1-2 minutes.
- Broil wings 3-4 in. from heat until lightly browned, 2-3 minutes. Brush with glaze before serving. Serve with remaining glaze. Yield: about 4 dozen.
Originally published as Pressure Cooker Cranberry Hot Wings in One Pot Instant Pot Winter 2017