- 6 boneless pork loin chops (4 ounces each)
- 2 medium acorn squash, halved lengthwise, seeded and sliced
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon browning sauce, optional
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange zest
- Place pork chops in a 5-qt. slow cooker; add squash. In a small bowl, mix remaining ingredients; pour over squash. Cook, covered, on low 4-6 hours or until pork is tender. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forPork Chops & Acorn Squash
"The combination of the sweetness of the OJ and brown sugar were a hit with my daughter. The pork came out extremely tender after cooking for hours. My one complaint would be the acorn squash. It was not an easy squash to prepare. I think it was a good choice for the long cooking time and soaking up the juices. I wouldn't prepare the squash again. That's what makes the recipe 3 stars...otherwise, tasty."
"Made this with sweet potato instead of acorn squash. Very good."
"We found it very tasty. My crockpot must have cooked a little high though because it was done a little too soon."
"We did not care for this. It was not attractive at all like the picture and was to "orange-y". Not worth the time or effort."
"Tried the recipe when I had a group of friends over and we all thought it was very good however it needed to cook longer then 4 hrs. I quartered the squash and used a paring knife to peel. Microwaving the squash a bit first might work good also as the squash did take longer to cook in the crock pot."
"Cook it first (microwaving is OK) then peel it."
"I agree that the peeling sounds impossible. The only way it would peel easily is if it was cooked. Any ideas??"
"This sounds wonderful, but peeling an acorn squash is virtually impossible"