- 1 cup water (70° to 80°)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 2-1/4 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 1 can (15 ounces) pizza sauce
- 3 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- Pizza toppings of your choice, optional
- In a bread machine pan, place the first 10 ingredients in order suggested by manufacturer. Select dough setting (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water or flour if needed).
- When cycle is completed, turn dough onto a lightly floured surface. Cover and let stand for 10 minutes. Divide dough in half; press each portion into a greased 12-in. pizza pan. Spread with pizza sauce and sprinkle with cheese. Add toppings if desired. Bake at 400° for 18-20 minutes or until the crust and cheese are lightly browned. Yield: 2 pizzas (8 slices each).
Reviews forPizza with Wheat Crust
"This crust really stood up well to the many toppings we like on our pizza."