- 8 ounces Italian turkey sausage links
- 2 cups whole fresh mushrooms
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes
- 1 medium onion, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 large green pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 30 slices turkey pepperoni (2 ounces)
- 1 tube (13.8 ounces) refrigerated pizza crust
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1-1/4 cups pizza sauce, warmed
- Preheat oven to 400°. In a large nonstick skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. When cool enough to handle, cut sausage into 20 pieces. On 10 metal or wooden skewers, alternately thread sausage, vegetables and pepperoni.
- Unroll pizza dough onto a lightly floured surface; cut widthwise into 1-in.-wide strips. Starting at the pointed end of a prepared skewer, pierce skewer through one end of dough strip. Spiral-wrap dough strip around skewer, allowing vegetables and meats to peek through. Wrap the remaining end of dough strip around skewer above the first ingredient. Repeat with remaining dough strips and prepared skewers.
- Arrange kabobs on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Bake 10-12 minutes or until vegetables are tender and pizza crust is golden. Immediately sprinkle with cheese. Serve with pizza sauce. Yield: 5 servings.
Reviews forPizza on a Stick
"I thought this was just ok. Tasted good, but wasn't really anything special. It's easy to tweak to suite your tastes (and what you like to put on your pizza). I added in ripe black olives and took out the mushroom. Simple weeknight dinner but I'm not sure I'd make it again unless I was trying to use up ingredients in my kitchen."
"Fun to eat! I didn't read the recipe close enough ahead of time and didn't realized they were cooked in an oven instead of a grill. (To me, kabobs=grill.) Regardless, they are a keeper."
"This is fun for the kids to do and it is a recipe you can to take camping."