Pistachio Ice Cream Yule Log
Total TimePrep: 35 min. Bake: 15 min. + freezing
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 3 cups pistachio ice cream, softened
- 12 ounces bittersweet chocolate, divided
- Line a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan with parchment paper; grease the paper and set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs for 3 minutes. Gradually add sugar, beating for 2 minutes or until mixture becomes thick and lemon-colored. Stir in water and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; add to egg mixture and beat until smooth.
- Spread batter evenly into prepared pan. Bake at 350° for 12-15 minutes or until cake springs back when lightly touched. Cool for 5 minutes.
- Invert cake onto a kitchen towel dusted with confectioners' sugar. Gently peel off parchment paper. Roll up cake in the towel jelly-roll style, starting with a short side. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- Unroll cake; spread ice cream evenly over cake to within 1/2 in. of edges. Roll up again. Place seam side down on a serving platter. Cover and freeze for at least 1 hour.
- In a microwave, melt four ounces of chocolate; stir until smooth. Spread over a parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Break chilled chocolate into 3x1-in. pieces. Melt remaining chocolate; spread over top, sides and ends of cake. Working quickly, place chocolate pieces on cake to resemble bark. Freeze until serving. Remove from the freezer 10 minutes before cutting.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 484 calories, 28g fat (15g saturated fat), 105mg cholesterol, 195mg sodium, 60g carbohydrate (46g sugars, 3g fiber), 9g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Dec 27, 2012
Looked really nice. Great for christmas eve
Nov 28, 2012
over and over again
Nov 28, 2012
great told me exaculet what to do delicous
Jan 8, 2012
I made this for Christmas and it came out great! I think any ice cream flavor would do. It is not hard to make so don't be afraid. It's a winner in my collection!
Dec 24, 2011
I would definitely make this yule log again and I found it perfect just the way it was.
Dec 24, 2011
I love ice cream cakes. This will be a great surprise during the Holidays! Somehow i think I'll add toasted sliced almonds with the chocolate bark for flavor & texture.