- 1 can (20 ounces) unsweetened pineapple chunks
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Hot cooked brown rice
- Minced fresh cilantro
- Drain pineapple, reserving juice. Mix cornstarch, soy sauce, honey, cinnamon and reserved juice until smooth. In a skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium-high heat; saute chicken until lightly browned, 4-6 minutes. Remove from pan.
- In same pan, saute onion, ginger and garlic in remaining oil until crisp-tender, about 2 minutes. Stir cornstarch mixture; add to pan with chicken and pineapple chunks. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly; cook and stir until sauce is thickened and chicken is cooked through, 5-7 minutes.
- Serve with rice. If desired, sprinkle with cilantro. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forPineapple-Ginger Chicken Stir-Fry
"Made this for supper tonight and it was very good. My husband wants me to make it sometime using shrimp instead of chicken. The flavors blend nicely to make a delicious sauce for the rice."
"Very good! I made a half-recipe for the two of us and we enjoyed it. Next time I will try it without the cinnamon."
"When we got our Simple and Delicious magazine for February/March 2018 I couldn't wait to try this. Had this delicious dish for dinner tonight. The cinnamon really gives it a great flavor! Thank you Sue for sharing your recipe."