Pesto Tomato-Cucumber Salad
My sister and I created this fresh salad at one of our "recipe nights" and it's been a hit at every party since! Try red pepper flakes for a little kick if you'd like, or add Greek pepperoncini. —Jennifer Freier, Algonquin, Illinois
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 1/2 cup Italian salad dressing
- 1/4 cup prepared pesto
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 large tomatoes, quartered and sliced 1/2-inch thick
- 2 medium peeled and seeded cucumbers, halved lengthwise and cut crosswise into 1/4-inch thick slices
- 1 small red onion, halved and thinly sliced
- Whisk salad dressing, pesto, salt and pepper. Toss with tomatoes, cucumbers and onion. Refrigerate, covered, at least 30 minutes.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 82 calories, 5g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 318mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
Originally published as pesto tomato salad in Taste of Home June/July 2017
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.