- 4 beef tenderloin steaks (6 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon plus 1/8 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 5 tablespoons butter, divided
- 2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons horseradish
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Sprinkle steaks with 1 tablespoon pepper and 1/2 teaspoon salt. In a large skillet over medium heat, cook steaks in 1 tablespoon butter for 4-5 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°).
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, melt remaining butter. Stir in the flour and remaining salt and pepper until smooth; gradually add cream. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in horseradish and mustard. Serve with steaks. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forPeppered Filets with Horseradish Cream Sauce
"I'am a chef and made the at work and it killed!"