- 2 cups uncooked penne pasta
- 1 pound Johnsonville® Fully Cooked Smoked Sausage Rope, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1-1/2 cups whole milk
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 1-1/2 cups cheddar french-fried onions, divided
- 1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, brown sausage over medium heat for 5 minutes; drain. In a large bowl, combine milk and soup. Stir in 1/2 cup onions, 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese, 1/2 cup cheddar cheese and sausage. Drain pasta; stir into sausage mixture.
- Transfer to a greased 3-qt. baking dish. Cover and bake at 375° for 25-30 minutes or until bubbly. Sprinkle with remaining onions and cheeses. Bake, uncovered, 3-5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forPenne and Smoked Sausage Casserole
"I love this recipe. I do use andouille sausage, it's a favorite of both me and my husband, but other than that, I follow the recipe exactly. Sometimes my local Kroger is out of the cheddar fried onions, so I have used the original as well, and it is delicious. It's the perfect weeknight meal, and heats up great for leftovers."
"Not too bad. Would make it again. Just added peas and carrots to mix, plus Italian seasoning and garlic powder for extra flavor. We all had seconds, and there's still some left over!"
"We loved it! Just make sure you read the directions all the way through, unlike myself"
"We enjoyed here at the house easy to make and fast to make forthose days you have a lot to do."
"I gave this recipe a spicy kick! I picked this recipe because it is baked in the oven. After readinng reviews and knowing my familys love of spice, I used the seasoning called for in another ToH recipe , Spicy Sauage and Penne. I added 1/2tsp each of garlic, ground mustard and red pepper flakes. WOW! it was a hit. Family did agree that french fried onions not needed. Taste, texture and heartiness of this recipe makes this a keeper in our house."
"I am not a fan. If you like macaroni and cheese with hot dogs, you will like this. Its a bit of a step up, but I am being kind about that. No thanks on this one."
"My family loves this recipe! It's very versatile - we've made it with different "cream" soups and meat. It's a favorite go-to meal when nothing else sounds good."
"This was incredible! I work nights and am always looking for easy healthy recipes to make ahead for my husband. This was perfect, and my husband loved it. I did substitute the smoked sausage for beef sausage because our family does ot eat pork- but I got as similar as possible. This was an easy recipe, tasty, and easy adaptable."