- 1 package (14 ounces) caramels
- 1/4 cup water
- 3/4 cup peanut butter, divided
- 4 cups Cheerios
- 1 cup salted peanuts
- 1 cup semisweet or milk chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
- In a large microwave-safe bowl, heat caramels, water and 1/2 cup peanut butter on high for 1 minute; stir. Microwave 1-2 minutes longer or until melted. Add cereal and peanuts; stir until coated. Spread into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. pan; set aside.
- In another microwave-safe bowl, heat chips, butter and remaining peanut butter on high for 30-60 seconds or until melted. Spread over cereal mixture. Refrigerate before cutting. Yield: about 3 dozen.
Reviews forPeanutty Caramel Bars
"I made these for my family and the kids really loved them, so I brought a batch to work and everyone wanted the recipe. I will absolutely make these again."
"We love these bars. My husband couldn't stop eating them. Good thing I only made a half batch in a 9x9 for the first try! Nothing I would change except I use light margarine instead of butter."
"These are Delicious!!!"