- 2/3 cup butter, softened
- 2/3 cup peanut butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 package (11-1/2 ounces) milk chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, cream butter, peanut butter, sugar and brown sugar. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Spread into a greased 13x9-in. baking pan. Bake 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into bars. Yield: 2 dozen.
Reviews forPeanut Butter Cake Bars
"Very good recipe that I have used often. They are a constant hit at work. I agree with some reviews in that I only left mine in for abut 35-40 minutes and they were done. Not sure what some are talking about, mine were cake like just like it says. Really good!"
"I am giving a 5 star rating because my husband and a dear friend loved these. Next time Iwould take them out of the oven 5 min early as the edges were a bit dry. They are a brownie texture"
"These were OK. 40 minutes was too long to bake."
"Has anyone tried this recipe with Gluten free flour?I use Namaste perfect flour blend and I want to try this recipe but with gluten free flour and wow butter."
"These were good when they were fresh out of the oven, but as soon as they cooled off they were very dry. They weren't very peanut buttery tasting either."
"Everyone loved this recipe,they turned out perfect. Thanks for shareing your recipe."
"Wow!! I made these today during our ice storm, and I am glad I did. I loved the consistency of the bars. I did add more peanut butter since I read the other reviews and they said it was very light. Great bar, the hubby and my neighbors loved them!!"
"Loved these! Peanut buttery and moist. Only problem I had was the edges getting a little too done and slightly burnt by the time the center tested done. Will make again!"
"I was very disappointed with this recipe. There was not a lot of peanut butter flavor, as other reviews pointed out. I could have dealt with the lack luster peanut butter flavor and adjusted it accordingly the next time but my family did not care for the texture. I also thought they were kind of greasy. Maybe I creamed the butter mixture too long? I was hoping for a more chewy, crisp bar. I might had gotten more of the texture I was hoping for if I had baked them in a jelly roll pan instead of a 9x13 pan. Sadly, I will not be trying the recipe again, it had too many strikes against it for our family."