- 1 package (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast
- 1/2 cup warm water (110° to 115°)
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 cups warm 2% milk (110° to 115°)
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 2 large eggs, room temperature, lightly beaten
- 2-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. Add sugar; let stand 5 minutes. Add milk, butter and eggs; mix well. Combine flour and salt; stir into milk mixture. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Stir batter; sift in baking soda and stir well. Bake waffles in a preheated waffle maker according to manufacturer’s directions until golden brown.
2 waffles: 220 calories, 12g fat (7g saturated fat), 74mg cholesterol, 366mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 6g protein.