Oven-Baked Shrimp & Grits
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 45 min.
- 1 carton (32 ounces) chicken broth
- 1 cup quick-cooking grits
- 1 can (10 ounces) diced tomatoes and green chilies, drained
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- Freshly ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 pound uncooked shrimp (31-40 per pound), peeled and deveined
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a 13x9-in. or 2-1/2-qt. baking dish, combine broth and grits. Bake, uncovered, until liquid is absorbed and grits are tender, 30-35 minutes.
- Stir in tomatoes, Monterey Jack cheese and 1/2 cup cheddar cheese. Bake, uncovered, until heated through, about 10 minutes. Sprinkle with pepper and remaining cheese; let stand 5 minutes.
- In a large skillet, heat butter over medium-high heat; saute green pepper and onion until tender, 6-8 minutes. Add shrimp and garlic; cook and stir until shrimp turn pink, 2-3 minutes. Spoon over grits.
Nutrition Facts1-2/3 cups: 360 calories, 18g fat (10g saturated fat), 141mg cholesterol, 1199mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 25g protein.
May 28, 2018
Decent shrimp and grits recipe. Perhaps I will add a bit more seasoning next time, especially to the shrimp, like some cajun seasoning.
Mar 20, 2018
This was an awesome recipe. Very easy to make and flavorful. I added some chipotle peppers in adobe sauce to the grits and some Jamaican jerk spice to the shrimp and sprinkled it with cilantro before serving to give it a little extra kick. Will definitely make this again.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.