Oven-Baked Shrimp & Grits
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 45 min.
- 1 carton (32 ounces) chicken broth
- 1 cup quick-cooking grits
- 1 can (10 ounces) diced tomatoes and green chiles, drained
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- Freshly ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 pound uncooked shrimp (31-40 per pound), peeled and deveined
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a 13x9-in. or 2-1/2-qt. baking dish, combine broth and grits. Bake, uncovered, until liquid is absorbed and grits are tender, 30-35 minutes.
- Stir in tomatoes, Monterey Jack cheese and 1/2 cup cheddar cheese. Bake, uncovered, until heated through, about 10 minutes. Sprinkle with pepper and remaining cheese; let stand 5 minutes.
- In a large skillet, heat butter over medium-high heat; saute green pepper and onion until tender, 6-8 minutes. Add shrimp and garlic; cook and stir until shrimp turn pink, 2-3 minutes. Spoon over grits.
Nutrition Facts1-2/3 cups: 360 calories, 18g fat (10g saturated fat), 141mg cholesterol, 1199mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 25g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
May 28, 2018
Decent shrimp and grits recipe. Perhaps I will add a bit more seasoning next time, especially to the shrimp, like some cajun seasoning.
Mar 20, 2018
This was an awesome recipe. Very easy to make and flavorful. I added some chipotle peppers in adobe sauce to the grits and some Jamaican jerk spice to the shrimp and sprinkled it with cilantro before serving to give it a little extra kick. Will definitely make this again.