Omelet in a Mug
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 5 min.
- 2 Nellie’s Free Range Eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 to 3 tablespoons shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons diced fully cooked ham
- 1 tablespoon diced green pepper
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a microwave-safe mug coated with cooking spray, combine all ingredients. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 30-40 seconds; stir. Cook 30-60 seconds longer or until eggs are completely set.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested in a 1,100-watt microwave.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 223 calories, 15g fat (7g saturated fat), 447mg cholesterol, 449mg sodium, 2g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 19g protein.
Jan 28, 2013
Loved so much, I adapted and taught to my youth cooking class. GREAT and easy!
Jul 16, 2012
My 19 yr old never knows what to have for breakfast but when I showed her this recipe, she made it twice in the first week! So much simpler than getting out the frypan. You need a bit more time to firm up the eggs though.
Apr 25, 2012
It tasted like the eggs you'd get from Denny's: rubbery, flaky, not very flavorful at all. It IS quick, though. Took me about five minutes, total.
Jul 21, 2011
This is a quick, easy, nutritious and most of all delicious breakfast entree!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.