Nutty Butter Munchies
My sweet tooth flared up, so I had to get baking. Peanuts and pecans are everywhere in Louisiana, so I worked them into my buttery drop cookies. —Zenola Frazier, Tallulah, Louisiana
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 10 min./batch
Makesabout 8 dozen
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup chunky peanut butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup salted peanuts
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, cream butter, peanut butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs, one at a time, and extracts. In another bowl, whisk flour, baking soda and salt; gradually beat into creamed mixture. Stir in nuts.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto greased baking sheets. Flatten slightly with bottom of a glass dipped in sugar. Bake 10-12 minutes or until edges are light brown. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool.
Nutrition Facts1 cookie: 75 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated fat), 11mg cholesterol, 46mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Originally published as Nutty Butter Munchies in Best of Country Cookies
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.