- 1 cup coleslaw mix
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 green onion, sliced
- 1 teaspoon chopped seeded jalapeno pepper
- 4 teaspoons canola oil, divided
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 2 tilapia fillets (6 ounces each)
- 1/2 medium ripe avocado, peeled and sliced
- Place first four ingredients in a bowl; toss with 2 teaspoons oil, lime juice, cumin, 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper. Refrigerate until serving.
- Pat fillets dry with paper towels; sprinkle with the remaining salt and pepper. In a large nonstick skillet, heat remaining oil over medium-high heat; cook tilapia until fish just begins to flake easily with a fork, 3-4 minutes per side. Top with slaw and avocado. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews forNaked Fish Tacos
"This recipe is so good. It is quick to fix and so tasty. Plus it is lo-cal. Try it...you will love it."