This is one of my husband's all-time favorite meals. I've even converted some friends to fish after eating this. I serve it with fresh melon when it's in season to balance the subtle heat of the cabbage mixture. —Elizabeth Bramkamp, Gig Harbor, Washington
Featured In: 60 Delicious Diabetic-Friendly Dinner Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 cup coleslaw mix
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 green onion, sliced
- 1 teaspoon chopped seeded jalapeno pepper
- 4 teaspoons canola oil, divided
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 2 tilapia fillets (6 ounces each)
- 1/2 medium ripe avocado, peeled and sliced
- Place first four ingredients in a bowl; toss with 2 teaspoons oil, lime juice, cumin, 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper. Refrigerate until serving.
- Pat fillets dry with paper towels; sprinkle with the remaining salt and pepper. In a large nonstick skillet, heat remaining oil over medium-high heat; cook tilapia until fish just begins to flake easily with a fork, 3-4 minutes per side. Top with slaw and avocado. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Naked Fish Tacos in Simple & Delicious August/September 2017
Reviews forNaked Fish Tacos
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Oct. 8, 2017
"This recipe is so good. It is quick to fix and so tasty. Plus it is lo-cal. Try it...you will love it."