Moo Shu Chicken Cones
My Asian-inspired cones make a distinctively different main dish for holiday get-togethers and game-day parties. If you like, substitute pulled pork for the shredded chicken.
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 15 min.
- 3/4 cup sliced fresh shiitake mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh gingerroot
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 3 cups coleslaw mix
- 2 cups shredded rotisserie chicken
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 1/2 cup hoisin sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1-1/2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 16 flour tortillas (6 inches), warmed
- In a large skillet, saute the mushrooms in oil over medium heat until tender. Add ginger and garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
- Stir in the coleslaw mix, chicken, green onions, hoisin sauce, honey and sesame oil; heat through.
- To serve, cut tortillas in half. Roll up each into a cone shape. Spoon 2 tablespoons filling into each cone. Arrange, seam side down, on a serving platter.
TO MAKE AHEAD: Chicken filling can be made a day in advance. Cover and refrigerate. To serve, heat through.
Nutrition Facts1 filled cone: 92 calories, 3g fat (1g saturated fat), 8mg cholesterol, 174mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch.
Originally published as Mu shu chicken "cones" in Taste of Home Christmas Annual 2013