Pressure Cooker Shredded Beef Lettuce Cups
I love this light yet lively dinner for busy days that are filled with swim lessons and outdoor activities. If you can't find Bibb or Boston, green leaf lettuce is less sturdy but works in a pinch. —Elisabeth Larsen, Pleasant Grove, Utah
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 40 min. + releasing
- 3 medium carrots, chopped
- 2 medium sweet red peppers, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 boneless beef chuck roast (2 pounds)
- 1 can (8 ounces) unsweetened crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons water
- 24 Bibb or Boston lettuce leaves
- Sliced green onions, optional
- Combine carrots, red peppers and onion in a 6-qt. pressure cooker. Top with roast. In a small bowl combine pineapple, soy sauce, brown sugar, vinegar, garlic and pepper; pour over roast. Lock lid; close pressure-release valve. Adjust to pressure-cook on high for 40 minutes. Let pressure release naturally. Press cancel. Remove roast from pressure cooker. Cool slightly; shred roast with 2 forks.
- Skim fat from cooking juices; return juices and vegetables to pressure cooker. In a small bowl, mix cornstarch and water until smooth; stir into pressure cooker. Select saute setting and adjust for low heat. Simmer, stirring constantly, until thickened, 1-2 minutes. Return beef to pressure cooker; heat through.
- Serve in lettuce leaves. If desired, sprinkle with green onions. Freeze option: Freeze cooled meat mixture and sauce in freezer containers. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Heat through in a saucepan, stirring occasionally and adding a little water if necessary.