- 3 pounds chicken drumsticks, skin removed
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup cold water
- Place drumsticks in a 5-qt. slow cooker. In a small bowl, combine the tomato sauce, soy sauce, brown sugar and garlic; pour over chicken. Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours or until a thermometer reads 180°.
- Remove chicken to a serving platter; keep warm. Skim fat from cooking juices; transfer to a small saucepan. Bring liquid to a boil. Combine cornstarch and water until smooth. Gradually stir into the pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with chicken. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forMoist Drumsticks
"Excellent!! The sauce was delicious, also put over mashed potatoes."
"I used thighs, we really liked the sauce"
"Sauce was good. Will use chicken breast next time."
"Excellent recipe and so easy to make. My family loved it."
"This is a go to recipe for me. My husband loves it. I serve it with buttered egg noodles and green salad. If there are leftovers I debone the chicken legs and toss with leftover egg noodles and mix in the thickened sauce. I use teriyaki sauce in lieu of soy sauce and also skin the chicken legs or thighs."
"use thighs instead of drumsticks and remove the skin and it always comes out great"
"While the chicken is very moist and falls off the bone, I'm not crazy about the taste of the sauce. There's too much soy sauce. Perhaps cutting the soy sauce down would make all the difference."
"My kids said this was a "do over". My only question is, what vegetables?"
"This was DELISH! Everyone loved it! I went with a 1/4 cup soy sauce instead of a 1/2 cup after reading some of the reviews and it was perfect! Will be making again for sure."