Dr Pepper Drumsticks
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Grill: 30 min.
- 1 cup ketchup
- 2/3 cup Dr Pepper
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons bourbon
- 4 teaspoons barbecue seasoning
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons dried minced onion
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon celery salt, optional
- 12 chicken drumsticks
- In a small saucepan, combine the first 8 ingredients; if desired, stir in celery salt. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 8-10 minutes or until slightly thickened, stirring frequently.
- On an oiled grill, cook chicken, covered, over medium-low heat 15 minutes. Turn; grill 15-20 minutes longer or until a thermometer reads 170°-175°, brushing occasionally with sauce mixture.
Nutrition Facts2 drumsticks: 316 calories, 12g fat (3g saturated fat), 95mg cholesterol, 1289mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (19g sugars, 0g fiber), 29g protein.
Jun 27, 2018
I am making for the holidays, but will use thighs instead as family prefers.
Aug 26, 2017
Where are the directions
Oct 20, 2016
The family raved about these! I think one of the boys ate 6 of them for dinner.
Aug 8, 2015
Fun ,sweet flavor. This was both easy and fun to put together.