Dr Pepper Drumsticks
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Grill: 30 min.
- 1 cup ketchup
- 2/3 cup Dr Pepper
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons bourbon
- 4 teaspoons barbecue seasoning
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons dried minced onion
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon celery salt, optional
- 12 chicken drumsticks
- In a small saucepan, combine the first eight ingredients; if desired, stir in celery salt. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 8-10 minutes or until slightly thickened, stirring frequently.
- On an oiled grill, cook chicken, covered, over medium-low heat 15 minutes. Turn; grill 15-20 minutes longer or until a thermometer reads 170°-175°, brushing occasionally with sauce mixture.
Nutrition Facts2 drumsticks: 316 calories, 12g fat (3g saturated fat), 95mg cholesterol, 1289mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (19g sugars, 0g fiber), 29g protein.
Jun 27, 2018
I am making for the holidays, but will use thighs instead as family prefers.
Aug 26, 2017
Where are the directions
Oct 20, 2016
The family raved about these! I think one of the boys ate 6 of them for dinner.
Aug 8, 2015
Fun ,sweet flavor. This was both easy and fun to put together.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.