Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 5 hours
- 3 pounds chicken drumsticks, skin removed
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup cold water
- Place drumsticks in a 5-qt. slow cooker. In a small bowl, combine the tomato sauce, soy sauce, brown sugar and garlic; pour over chicken. Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours or until a thermometer reads 180°.
- Remove chicken to a serving platter; keep warm. Skim fat from cooking juices; transfer to a small saucepan. Bring liquid to a boil. Combine cornstarch and water until smooth. Gradually stir into the pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with chicken.
Nutrition Facts1/2 pound: 304 calories, 12g fat (3g saturated fat), 94mg cholesterol, 1490mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 0 fiber), 32g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jan 21, 2015
Excellent!! The sauce was delicious, also put over mashed potatoes.
Aug 6, 2014
Great taste! I did take the chicken off the bones and used as meat with gravy over mash potatoes. Will try with boneless/skinless chicken thighs next time.
Apr 8, 2014
I used thighs, we really liked the sauce
Dec 8, 2013
Sauce was good. Will use chicken breast next time.
Oct 9, 2013
Excellent recipe and so easy to make. My family loved it.
Jun 13, 2013
This is a go to recipe for me. My husband loves it. I serve it with buttered egg noodles and green salad. If there are leftovers I debone the chicken legs and toss with leftover egg noodles and mix in the thickened sauce. I use teriyaki sauce in lieu of soy sauce and also skin the chicken legs or thighs.
Dec 14, 2012
use thighs instead of drumsticks and remove the skin and it always comes out great
Dec 31, 2011
While the chicken is very moist and falls off the bone, I'm not crazy about the taste of the sauce. There's too much soy sauce. Perhaps cutting the soy sauce down would make all the difference.
Oct 23, 2011
My kids said this was a "do over". My only question is, what vegetables?
Oct 2, 2011
This was DELISH! Everyone loved it! I went with a 1/4 cup soy sauce instead of a 1/2 cup after reading some of the reviews and it was perfect! Will be making again for sure.