My four year old twin grandchildren love to cook and create in the kitchen with me. Last summer, the three of us were experimenting with watermelon and cheese and that's where this recipe began. It's great for neighborhood gatherings and picnics, or as a healthy snack on a hot summer day. —Gwendolyn Vetter, Rogers, Minnesota
Featured In: 30 Recipes for Summer Salads
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 6 cups cubed watermelon
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced fennel bulb
- 1/3 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh mint
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced pickled onions
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients. Refrigerate, covered, at least 1 hour. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Minty Watermelon Salad in Healthy Cooking Annual Recipes Annual 2014, p30
Reviews forMinty Watermelon Salad
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed May. 20, 2018
"had similar as a grocery store sample, awesome but my watermelon was too juicy"