My 2-year-old son, Levi, helped me create this delicious recipe one day and it was the first day he told me "I Love you!" I will always remember making these with him! —Emily Butler, South Williamsport, Pennsylvania
Recommended: 33 Ways to Use Up Leftover Mashed Potatoes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 large sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- 1 package (14.10 ounces) refrigerated pie pastry, room temperature
- 1 cup packed brown sugar, divided
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons cold unsalted butter, cubed
- Preheat oven to 400°. Place sweet potatoes in a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan; bake until tender, 35-40 minutes.
- Meanwhile, on a work surface, unroll one pastry sheet. Using a 2-1/2 inch round cutter, cut out twelve circles. Press circles onto bottoms and up sides of twelve nonstick mini muffin cups. Repeat with second pastry sheet. Chill until filling is ready.
- In a food processor, pulse flour, butter and 1/4 cup brown sugar in food processor until crumbly; set aside for topping. Add baked sweet potatoes and remaining brown sugar to food processor; pulse until almost smooth. Fill pastry-lined cups three-fourths full. Sprinkle topping over sweet potato mixture.
- Decrease oven setting to 325°. Bake until crust is golden brown, 20-24 minutes. Cool 5-10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Yield: about 2 dozen.
Originally published as Mini Sweet Potato Pies in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2018