Mini Pumpkin Spice Trifles
These miniature trifles are so fun for fall holiday parties! The assembly takes a little longer than making one big trifle, but it's worth it to see everyone's reaction to getting their own! —Rhiannon Brownell, Newport News, Virginia
Total TimePrep: 40 min. Bake: 20 min. + cooling
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon instant espresso powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 6 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-3/4 cups confectioners' sugar
- Additional ground cinnamon, optional
- Preheat oven to 350°. Whisk together the first 8 ingredients. In another bowl, beat pumpkin, sugar and oil until smooth; add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Gradually add flour mixture; beat until well blended.
- Line a 9-in. square baking pan with parchment; grease paper. Pour in batter. Bake until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, about 20 minutes. Cool in pan 10 minutes on a wire rack. Remove from pan; cool completely on wire rack.
- For filling, beat cream cheese, butter and vanilla until blended. Gradually beat in confectioners’ sugar until smooth.
- To assemble, cut cake into 1/2-in. cubes. In 8 juice glasses or small parfait glasses, alternate layers of cake and filling, ending with filling. If desired, sprinkle with additional cinnamon.
Test Kitchen tip