Mini Pumpkin Spice Trifles
These miniature trifles are so fun for fall holiday parties! The assembly takes a little longer than making one big trifle, but it's worth it to see everyone's reaction to getting their own! —Rhiannon Brownell, Newport News, Virginia
Total TimePrep: 40 min. Bake: 20 min. + cooling
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon instant espresso powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 cup pumpkin
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 2 large eggs
- 6 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-3/4 cups confectioners' sugar
- Additional ground cinnamon, optional
- Preheat oven to 350°. Whisk together the first eight ingredients. In another bowl, beat pumpkin, sugar and oil until smooth; add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Gradually add flour mixture; beat until well blended.
- Line a 9-in. square baking pan with parchment paper; grease paper. Pour in batter. Bake until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, about 20 minutes. Cool in pan 10 minutes on a wire rack. Remove from pan; cool completely on wire rack.
- For filling, beat cream cheese, butter and vanilla until blended. Gradually beat in confectioners’ sugar until smooth.
- To assemble, cut cake into 1/2-in. cubes. In eight juice glasses or small parfait glasses, alternate layers of cake and filling, ending with filling. If desired, sprinkle with additional cinnamon.
Test Kitchen tip
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 573 calories, 29g fat (9g saturated fat), 83mg cholesterol, 419mg sodium, 76g carbohydrate (61g sugars, 2g fiber), 5g protein.
Originally published as Mini Pumpkin Spice Trifles in Taste of Home Christmas Annual 2018
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.