Miniature Pumpkin Cake Towers
I make these pumpkin treats every autumn and they are gone in minutes. The spice combination is perfect for fall, and it is all wrapped up in a pretty little cake.—Deb Lyon, Bangor, Pennsylvania
Total TimePrep: 50 min. Bake: 20 min. + cooling
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 2 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup canola oil
- 4 Nellie’s Free Range Eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- SPICED CREAM CHEESE FILLING:
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon 2% milk
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups confectioners' sugar
- Hot caramel ice cream topping, warmed
- In a large bowl, beat the pumpkin, sugar, oil and eggs until well blended. Combine the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt and ginger; gradually beat into pumpkin mixture until blended. Transfer to two greased 15x10x1-in. baking pans; spread batter evenly in pans.
- Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool on wire racks.
- For filling, in a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, shortening and butter until light and fluffy. Beat in the milk, cinnamon and vanilla. Gradually beat in confectioners' sugar until smooth.
- Using a 3-in. round cookie cutter, cut out 30 circles from cakes. Spread 1 cup filling over 10 cake circles. Repeat. Top with remaining cakes. Pipe remaining filling over tops. Store in the refrigerator. Garnish with ice cream topping.
Nutrition Facts1 cake tower: 830 calories, 46g fat (15g saturated fat), 134mg cholesterol, 361mg sodium, 100g carbohydrate (76g sugars, 3g fiber), 8g protein.
Originally published as Pumpkin Cake Towers with Spiced Cream Cheese Filling in Taste of Home Winning Recipes 3
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.