Miniature Peanut Butter Treats
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling Bake: 10 min./batch + cooling
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 42 miniature peanut butter-chocolate cups
- In a bowl, combine the butter, sugars, egg, peanut butter and vanilla; beat until smooth. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture. Cover and chill for 1 hour or until easy to handle.
- Roll into 42 walnut-sized balls; place in greased miniature muffin cups. Bake at 375° for 8-9 minutes.
- Remove from oven; gently press 1 peanut butter cup into each cookie, forming a depression. Cool for 10 minutes before removing to wire racks to cool completely.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 108 calories, 6g fat (3g saturated fat), 11mg cholesterol, 108mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Jan 11, 2020
These were my favorite new recipe for Christmas cookies this year. I had an easier time getting them out of the pan in one piece when I cooled them completely in the pan; otherwise the rim of the cookie wanted to separate from the bottom. The PB cups melt a little bit at first, so I added some sprinkles at that time, so they’d stick. Everyone that tried them loved them.
Jun 23, 2019
Love these!! My middle Grandson ask for therm in place of birthday cake, but he wanted the cookies all for himself!!
Jun 23, 2019
Love peanuts butter-healthy (peanuts) so love this recipe-having butter daily may not be advisable but sometimes is ok-though peanuts is better.
Jun 16, 2019
ABSOLUTELY DELICIOUS and a special treat made for Father’s Day! The whole family enjoyed them - gone in no time!
Oct 21, 2018
I made this recipe to take over to my grand kids and they disappeared immediately. They are easy to make and fun to eat. Nothing beats chocolate and peanut butter. Recipe is a keeper.
May 22, 2018
I've made this recipe but from another site. I have found it helpful to refrigerate the peanut butter cups before pushing them into the baked peanut butter cookie.
Feb 2, 2018
These are so good! This is one of my favorite cookies. They taste great and disappear quickly every time. It's hard to beat the combination of chocolate and peanut butter!
Dec 27, 2017
You can never go wrong with peanut butter and chocolate. The hardest part of this recipe is unwrapping all the peanut butter cups. So simple, so tasty.
Jun 30, 2017
Made these for the holidays and the entire neighborhood liked them!!
Feb 4, 2016
I make these a couple of times of year, one being at Christmas. They are excellent. Very simple to make. I, too, like that you make your own dough, not store bought. If the dough was store bought, I probably would not make them. A hint that might be useful---you should IMMEDIATELY press the peanut butter cup into the cookie. I make it a point to have all the peanut butter cups unwrapped and waiting for the cookies to come out of the oven. One time I used a caramel cup chocolate candy and they were just as good.