- 1 cup shortening
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 cups confectioners' sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, cream shortening, peanut butter and sugars until blended. Beat in eggs and vanilla. In another bowl, whisk flour, baking soda and salt; gradually beat into creamed mixture.
- Shape into 1-in. balls; place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake 11-13 minutes or until set. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
In a small bowl, beat peanut butter, milk and vanilla until blended. Beat in confectioners' sugar until smooth. Spread filling on bottoms of half of the cookies; cover with remaining cookies.
Freeze option: Freeze unfilled cookies in freezer containers. To use, thaw cookies and fill as directed. Yield: about 3-1/2 dozen.
Reviews forMini Peanut Butter Sandwich Cookies
"The only problem with this recipe is that you will want to eat all of them and/or your family will eat them all before you get to sample one! Absolutely delicious!"
"Lots of work but worth it. Do you think put together cookies can be frozen?"
"These are the best peanut butter cookies I have ever made. They are so rich and delicious. I'm a true peanut butter lover and will never make any other peanut butter cookie recipe again. Everyone loves them."