Mini Apple Pie
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 35 min. + cooling
- 1/4 cup golden raisins
- 1/3 cup apple juice
- 2 large Golden Delicious apples (about 1 pound), peeled and sliced
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Pastry for single-crust pie (9 inches)
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, cook raisins in apple juice for 5 minutes. Add apples; cook, uncovered, for 8-10 minutes or until tender. Remove from the heat; cool.
- Combine the sugars, flour and cinnamon; add to apple mixture. On a floured surface, roll out half of the pastry to fit a 20-oz. baking dish. Place pastry in dish; trim to edge of dish. Add filling.
- Roll out the remaining pastry to fit top of pie; place over filling. Trim, seal and flute edges. Cut slits in pastry.
- Bake at 400° for 35-40 minutes or until golden brown and bubbly. Cool on a wire rack.
Nutrition Facts1/2 each: 756 calories, 28g fat (12g saturated fat), 20mg cholesterol, 409mg sodium, 123g carbohydrate (64g sugars, 3g fiber), 6g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jun 21, 2011
In regards to the questions about the fat, calories and carbs, they are mostly coming from the pastry. Keep in mind, this recipe is using a whole pastry crust but is only 2 servings. All of the fat, 480 calories and 52 grams of carbs are just from the crust. To make it healthier, only use half of the pastry and don't put it in the bottom of the dish; just use it on top.Taste of Home Test Kitchen
Jun 19, 2011
So I ran the calorie count on all the ingredients. It appears that there is a miscalculation on the serving size. If a serving is a half pie, then it would yield 392 calories, 16G of fat, 62G of carbs, 4G protein and 4G of fiber. So it's still a little heavy in calories but not so bad. The majority of the calories(60%) come from the pie crust itself. If you find a low calorie pie crust recipe, I found some via google, then you could drop the calories by 600. Which would bring it down to 230 calories per half slice.
Apr 9, 2011
I am a Weight Wather member....was going to make this Mini Pie and calculate the points. But like has been said in p revious posts where in the world do the calories and fat content come from?? Surely, the amounts listed must be in error!!!
Sep 16, 2010
this pie is fabulous, but why is so high in calories and carbs, the ingredients do not seem to be high in sugar, can I modify it to make it more healthy?
Aug 4, 2010
How big of a dish do you put it into???
Jul 9, 2009
I thought the same thing! Surely that's a mistake!
Jul 18, 2008
sounds really good but 756 calories! where do these calories come from? slm @nd.