- 1/3 cup guacamole
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons chopped green pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped green onions
- 1 tablespoon prepared Italian salad dressing
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups shredded lettuce
- 8 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup canned kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup sliced ripe olives
- 1/2 cup crushed corn chips
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a small bowl, combine the first eight ingredients; set aside. In a large bowl, combine the lettuce, tomatoes, beans and olives. Arrange lettuce mixture on a serving plate; top with guacamole mixture. Sprinkle with corn chips and cheese. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews forMeatless Taco Salad
"It is perfect for Meatless Monday! A real treat. I substuted a can of vegetarian chili for the beans."
"This may not be the healthiest salad, but it is simply to die for. My whole family loved & my husband requested that I make it many more times this summer. I made homemade guac & tortilla chips, rather than use the corn chips. I also added grill chicken coated with homemade taco seasoning, which was delicious. This really does taste like a taco, almost like taco dip even. Next time I think I'll make it with black beans. I highly reconmend this salad, with or without meat. Its amazing."
"I lessened the calories by using a average can of pinto beans warming them and adding 1 tbls of cummin, 1 tsp of curry powder, 1/2 tsp of red pepper flakes and 1 tsp of mustard powder. Bring to a hot simmer and place on your serving platter to cool, then add rest of the ingredients on top of the beans. I added the chili powder to the beans and eliminated crushed corn chips, kidney beans and Italian salad dressing. - Joel"