VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1-1/4 cups balsamic vinaigrette
- 4 teaspoons ground mustard
- 2-1/4 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 beef top sirloin steaks (3/4 inch thick and 1 pound each)
- 5 medium onions, sliced
- Whisk together vinaigrette, mustard, Worcestershire sauce and garlic. Pour 1/4 cup into a large resealable plastic bag. Add beef; seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate 6 hours or overnight. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade.
- Drain beef, discarding marinade in bag. Grill steaks and onions, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from heat until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°) and onions are tender, 4-7 minutes per side. Drizzle reserved marinade over onions. Cut steak into thin slices; serve with onions. Yield: 12 servings (1 cup cooked onions).
Originally published as Marinated Steak with Grilled Onions in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2017, p202