I fix this potato salad when we're entertaining at home or to take to picnics and potluck suppers. I get lots of compliments and recipe requests from family and friends.—Ethel Selway, Middletown, Delaware
Recommended: Our Favorite 4th of July Party Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 12 medium potatoes
- 1-1/2 cups vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup plus 2-1/2 teaspoons white vinegar, divided
- 4-1/4 teaspoons sugar, divided
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 8 celery ribs, chopped
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 8 radishes, sliced
- 2 medium green peppers, chopped
- 5 hard-boiled large eggs, chopped
- 2-1/2 cups mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until tender. Drain and cool.
- In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the oil, 1/2 cup vinegar, 2 teaspoons sugar, salt and paprika; shake well. Peel and cube potatoes; place in a large bowl. Add the celery, onions and radishes. Drizzle with dressing; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Stir in green peppers and eggs. In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, milk, mustard, pepper and remaining vinegar and sugar. Pour over potato salad and toss to coat. Yield: 28-32 servings.
Originally published as Marinated Potato Salad in Taste of Home April/May 2002, p54
Reviews forMarinated Potato Salad
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Nov. 14, 2011
"Excellent potato salad recipe. I made this dish for a crowd of 35 and everyone enjoyed it. Looking forward to the holidays so I can make it again."