"For years, my mother has served tasty baked pancake for dinner," says Kari Caven of Coeur d'Alene, Idaho. "But it's so quick and easy I like to make it for breakfast, too. Leftovers taste just as good the next day warmed up in the microwave."
Recommended: Our Best Pancake Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1-1/2 cups biscuit/baking mix
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 3/4 cup 2% milk
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1-1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1/2 pound sliced bacon, cooked and crumbled
- Additional syrup, optional
- In a large bowl, combine biscuit mix and sugar. In a small bowl, combine the milk, eggs, syrup and 1/2 cup cheese. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Pour into a greased 13x9-in. baking dish.
- Bake, uncovered, at 425° for 10-15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Sprinkle with bacon and remaining cheese. Bake 3-5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Serve with syrup if desired. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Maple-Bacon Oven Pancake in Quick Cooking September/October 1998, p13
Reviews forMaple-Bacon Oven Pancake
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review