Blueberry Pan-Cake with Maple Frosting
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 15 min. + cooling
- 3 cups complete buttermilk pancake mix
- 1-3/4 cups water
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- Preheat oven to 350°. Stir pancake mix and water just until moistened. In another bowl, toss blueberries with flour. Fold into batter.
- Transfer to a greased 13x9-in. baking pan. Bake until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, 15-18 minutes. Cool completely in pan on a wire rack.
- Beat frosting ingredients until smooth; spread over cooled cake.
Test Kitchen Tips
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 257 calories, 5g fat (2g saturated fat), 10mg cholesterol, 449mg sodium, 51g carbohydrate (30g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Feb 13, 2018
I thought this was a fun breakfast twist on dessert. It was certainly easy to make and my family loved it. I think I'm going to take this to my next office brunch party.
Dec 10, 2017
This is a good substitute for an ordinary cake and is super easy to make. Very tasty. Ninety percent of the flavor comes from the frosting but I thought the pancake mix provided a good texture. While not as light as an ordinary cake, it does rise considerably while baking. Be aware of the high sugar content.
Dec 5, 2017
I made this for a holiday gathering because I had all of the ingredients, it was quick, and it was easy. My friends and family loved it. I used a store brand mix and almond milk. I will definitely make it again.
Sep 5, 2017
Made this recipe tonight and felt like something was missing.. didn't have the cake like consistency and was bland. The frosting was delicious, but could not save this dense cake!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.