- 3 cups old-fashioned oats
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1-1/4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups fat-free milk
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large apple, chopped
- 1/4 cup sunflower kernels or pepitas
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, mix the first five ingredients. In a small bowl, whisk eggs, milk, syrup, oil and vanilla until blended; stir into dry ingredients. Let stand 5 minutes. Stir in apple.
- Transfer to an 11x7-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with sunflower kernels. Bake, uncovered, 25-30 minutes or until set and edges are lightly browned. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews forMaple Apple Baked Oatmeal
"Substituted almond milk for the fat free milk, and because I only had a 13x9 pan, I increased the oats to 3 1/2 cups. Great the first day, and also reheated well. Will definitely be making it again with other fruits!"
"Baked this up Sunday morning for breakfast. So good! The maple adds just enough sweet to this dish. Add a splash of heavy cream over the top for a touch of indulgence."