Bright mango and red bell pepper really liven up this roast. The tropical fruit chutney packs a nice punch. Make an extra batch for tacos the next night. —Pamela Vitti Knowles, Hendersonville, North Carolina
Featured In: Your March Meal Plan
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 boneless pork loin roast (2 to 3 pounds)
- 1/2 teaspoon each salt, pepper and ground ginger
- MANGO CHUTNEY:
- 2 medium mangoes, peeled and cubed
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup finely chopped sweet red pepper
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh gingerroot
- 1/8 teaspoon each salt, ground turmeric and ground cloves
- In a large skillet, heat butter over medium-high heat. Brown pork on all sides. Sprinkle with the salt, pepper and ginger.
- Place on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Bake at 350° for 1 to 1-1/2 hours or until a thermometer reads 145°. Remove roast from oven; tent with foil. Let stand for 10 minutes before slicing.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, combine all chutney ingredients. Cook, uncovered, over medium heat for 8-10 minutes to allow flavors to blend, stirring occasionally. Serve with pork. Yield: 6 servings (2 cups chutney).
Originally published as Mango Chutney Pork Roast in Taste of Home February/March 2013
Reviews forMango Chutney Pork Roast
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Feb. 8, 2015
"this looks so good my husband is a diabetic and i'm always looking for recipes that he can eat"