Makeover Marbled Orange Fudge
Total TimePrep: 30 min. + chilling
Makesabout 2-1/2 pounds
- 2-1/2 cups sugar
- 2/3 cup evaporated milk
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1 package (10 to 12 ounces) white baking chips
- 1 jar (7 ounces) marshmallow creme
- 3 teaspoons orange extract
- 12 drops yellow food coloring
- 9 drops red food coloring
- Line a 13-in. x 9-in. pan with foil and coat with cooking spray; set aside. In a small heavy saucepan, combine the sugar, evaporated milk and butter. Cook and stir over low heat until sugar is dissolved. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 4 minutes. Remove from the heat; stir in chips and marshmallow creme until smooth.
- Remove 1 cup and set aside. Add extract and food coloring to the remaining mixture; stir until blended. Pour into prepared pan. Pour reserved marshmallow mixture over the top; cut through mixture with a knife to swirl. Cover and refrigerate until set.
- Using foil, lift fudge out of pan. Discard foil; cut fudge into 1-in. squares. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 45 calories, 2g fat (1g saturated fat), 3mg cholesterol, 10mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 0 fiber), 0 protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1/2 starch.
Jan 25, 2020
this fudge is so yummy. I love the creaminess of the texture. I had to make it when I saw it. It reminds me of a creamsicle or orange push pop as a child.
Jan 10, 2018
Outstanding! Easy recipe to follow directions!!!
Dec 13, 2017
Easy and delish and best of all the grand kids love it! I also make it with root beer extract.
Dec 18, 2015
I made this fudge for a company cooking contest...and I won!! I have a 3 ft trophy on my desk to show for it!! All of my co-workers and customers that had it still rave about it to this day!!
Oct 23, 2015
I make this fudge a lot. At Christmas time I substitute mint extract for the vanilla and add green food coloring. It is a big hit at work and I am asked every year if I am making the fudge again. I do the orange fudge for Halloween and at Easter time I will do a strawberry fudge.
Aug 10, 2015
This fudge would not set up. I even put it in the freezer and it's still real soft. I followed the directions to a T. Don't know what happened.
Aug 19, 2014
Made this super quick (except for cooling)! Family absolutely LOVES this yummy orange fudge. Already asking for more!
Apr 19, 2014
I just got done with this recipe; first of all, I thought it looked adorable, with the colors and all, swirled in the pan. Then, I couldn't stand it anymore and snuck a corner out the pan: it was delicious, and didn't really need that long to set up; which worked out great because I needed that pan for another Easter dish. Thanks! I'm keeping this! Update: husband just got home and ate a bite: "tastes just like ice cream".
Jan 27, 2014
Very good, a little too sweet. I have been asked for the recipe. Next time I will use less sugar.
Dec 16, 2013
Vary good fudge