Apricot White Fudge
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 10 min. + chilling
Makesabout 2 pounds (81 pieces)
- 1-1/2 teaspoons plus 1/2 cup butter, divided
- 2 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 12 ounces white baking chocolate, chopped
- 1 jar (7 ounces) marshmallow creme
- 3/4 cup chopped dried apricots
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts
- Line a 9-in. square pan with foil; grease foil with 1-1/2 teaspoons butter.
- In a heavy saucepan, combine sugar, sour cream and remaining butter. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Cook and stir until a candy thermometer reads 234° (soft-ball stage), about 5-1/2 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Stir in chocolate until melted. Stir in marshmallow creme until blended. Stir in apricots and walnuts. Immediately spread into prepared pan. Refrigerate, covered, overnight.
- Using foil, lift fudge out of pan. Remove foil; cut fudge into 1-in. squares.
Editor's NoteWe recommend that you test your candy thermometer before each use by bringing water to a boil; the thermometer should read 212°. Adjust your recipe temperature up or down based on your test.
Nutrition Facts1 square: 54 calories, 2g fat (1g saturated fat), 5mg cholesterol, 17mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 0 fiber), 0 protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Sep 9, 2016
This was so smooth and I loved the apricot flavor. I will be definitely making again this Christmas and it was so easy to make for a fudge.
Dec 21, 2013
O Help us Lord, This came out of the month of a person whom is not a fan of any kind of fudge. I don't even eat fudge, Talk about decadent smooth and rich all in one bite. If you follow the recipt you can't go wrong. So simple but what an outcome! Merry Christmas / Happy New Year 2014
Dec 31, 2012
One of the best fudges I have made. Love the apricot flavor and it sets up nicely and is easy to cut up.
Dec 4, 2011
i made this last year to give away to friends...it was very easy to make and as unique as it was delicious!!
Dec 31, 2010
I made this fudge for Christmas 2010 and it was fantastic! It's one of those rare dishes that ends up being a conversation starter and everyone asks for the recipe. It was easy to make and turned out beautifully! I will be making this fudge again and I plan on making it again next year to give as gifts. It's that good! :)
Dec 21, 2010
This is one of the best recipes yet for white fudge. I made it with and without nuts--both were a hit at our annual Christmas party! I am making more for gifts.
Dec 19, 2010
Rave reviews - on my fourth batch now - cannot keep it in the kitchen for long.Easy to make - great Holiday gift - or bake sale