White Chocolate Coconut Fudge
A small bite of this rich candy is all you need to satisfy a sweet tooth. My family prefers it to chocolate fudge.—Linda Wilkens, Maple Grove, Minnesota
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 35 min. + standing
- 1-1/2 teaspoons plus 1/2 cup butter, divided
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 can (12 ounces) evaporated milk
- 8 ounces white baking chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup miniature marshmallows
- 1/2 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Line a 9-in. square pan with foil and grease the foil with 1-1/2 teaspoons butter; set aside. In a large heavy saucepan, combine the sugar, milk and remaining butter. Bring to a boil over medium-low heat, stirring constantly. Cook and stir for 30-40 minutes or until a candy thermometer reads 234° (soft-ball stage).
- Remove from the heat; stir in white chocolate and marshmallows until melted. Stir in the coconut, nuts and vanilla. Pour into prepared pan. Let stand at room temperature until cool.
- Using foil, lift fudge out of pan; cut into 1-in. squares. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Editor's NoteWe recommend that you test your candy thermometer before each use by bringing water to a boil; the thermometer should read 212°. Adjust your recipe temperature up or down based on your test.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 60 calories, 3g fat (2g saturated fat), 5mg cholesterol, 17mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.
Originally published as White Fudge in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2009
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.