Makeover Creamy Artichoke Dip
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 1 hour
- 2 cans (14 ounces each) water-packed artichoke hearts, rinsed, drained and coarsely chopped
- 1 package (8 ounces) reduced-fat cream cheese, cubed
- 3/4 cup (6 ounces) plain yogurt
- 1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup reduced-fat ricotta cheese
- 3/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup shredded reduced-fat Swiss cheese
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped seeded jalapeno pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- Tortilla chips
- In a 3-qt. slow cooker, combine the artichokes, cream cheese, yogurt, mozzarella cheese, ricotta cheese, 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, Swiss cheese, mayonnaise, lemon juice, jalapeno, garlic powder and seasoned salt. Cover and cook on low for 1 hour or until heated through.
- Sprinkle with remaining Parmesan cheese. Serve with tortilla chips.
Editor's NoteWear disposable gloves when cutting hot peppers; the oils can burn skin. Avoid touching your face.
Nutrition Facts1/4 cup: 104 calories, 6g fat (3g saturated fat), 20mg cholesterol, 348mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 0 fiber), 7g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Dec 26, 2018
Love this dip but i must confess i did not use all the LOW fat items - oops bad me but with the more decadent ingredients it was just as good just not as healthy - love it.
Nov 20, 2010
This was delicious and rich. I served it at a party and no one believed it had been lightened up. I used fat free Greek yogurt and it was thick and creamy. I am making it again for Thanksgiving. I leave out the jalapeno but otherwise it is perfect.