- 1 package (7 ounces) ring macaroni or ditalini
- 1 package (14 ounces) coleslaw mix
- 2 medium onions, finely chopped
- 2 celery ribs, finely chopped
- 1 medium cucumber, finely chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, finely chopped
- 1 can (8 ounces) whole water chestnuts, drained and chopped
- 1-1/2 cups Miracle Whip Light
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Cook macaroni according to package directions; drain and rinse in cold water. Transfer to a large bowl; add the coleslaw mix, onions, celery, cucumber, green pepper and water chestnuts.
- In a small bowl, whisk the dressing ingredients. Pour over salad; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Yield: 16 servings (3/4 cup each)
Reviews forMacaroni Coleslaw
"Is that 1&1/2 cups or just 1/2 cup of Miracle Whip Light(1-1/2 cups Miracle Whip Light))"
"I made this for a baby shower and everybody raved about how good it was. I added fresh dill (lots), intimation crab, 1/2 of the onion and red onion instead of yellow and I used Mayonnaise."
"I used mayonnaise instead of the Miracle Whip and added some salt and pepper. Good coleslaw recipe but now I want to find a recipe for the reverse...macaroni salad with a bit of coleslaw mixed in."
"I doubled recipe and my husband took it to his weekly softball game/potluck - he just came home with the (huge) bowl completely empty! I followed the recipe except used Best Foods mayo, and added celery salt instead of regular salt. Also added a bit of Coleman's Dry Mustard and celery seed - like I would have for my usual coleslaw. Anyhow, it was obviously a big hit. This might be my weekly potluck contribution from now on! I wish I did not work on game days!!"
"My husband and I really enjoyed this recipe! We are not Miracle Whip fans, so I did substitute mayonnaise. I also cut the recipe back quite a bit for the two of us. This recipe is a nice twist on traditional coleslaw and I will definitely be making it again!"
"Big hit! I’ve made it twice and will be making it again"
"Very good! It does make alot. Will make again"
"I make this for my club meetings, I use a Vidalia Chop Wizard, it makes it easy to chop up everything. The bowl always comes home empty. Everyone, including myself, seems to really like it. Thank you so much for a good recipe."