Macadamia Key Lime Pie
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 1 cup crushed shortbread cookies
- 1/2 cup finely chopped macadamia nuts
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup Key lime juice or lime juice
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped macadamia nuts
- In a small bowl, mix cookie crumbs, macadamia nuts and sugar; stir in butter. Press onto bottom and up sides of a greased 9-in. pie plate. Refrigerate 30 minutes.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Beat in milk and lime juice until blended. Transfer to crust. Refrigerate, covered, at least 4 hours.
- In a small bowl, beat cream until soft peaks form; spoon or pipe onto pie. Top with macadamia nuts.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 604 calories, 45g fat (23g saturated fat), 111mg cholesterol, 297mg sodium, 46g carbohydrate (35g sugars, 1g fiber), 9g protein.
Oct 29, 2018
Excellent! Great crust, great taste, easy. I added one tsp. lime zest. Will be making this again - a keeper!
Mar 14, 2017
Amazing! I'm wondering if anyone has successfully tried to lighten it up a bit. With the amount of times I make this I need to try to find a lighter version (for health reasons) so that I can keep eating it! :) It is SO yummy!
Jul 14, 2016
To provide a nice green color and tartness, I add 1 or 2 tablespoons of lime jello powder. It makes the pie so pretty and tangy.
May 28, 2016
Really easy & so good!
May 24, 2016
My guys favorite Key Lime Pie!
Nov 28, 2015
I made this for Thanksgiving. I didn't taste it. People were saying 'what type of pie is this'. Initially I said 'I don't know' although I did of course know. The people were saying that the pie was delicious. Then I said, 'oh I prepared that pie'. They said it was really, really good! I did crush the macadamia cookies into crumbs, but not fine crumbs. I guess you really don't have to either. I couldn't find my mixer so I didn't worry about the whipped cream. I guess I could have used the blender, but I didn't. I will make this again for Christmas. I think I'll taste it next time.
Mar 23, 2015
I made this for my annual St. Patrick's Day Party. It was very good and everyone seemed to enjoy. The crust was not as flavorful as I had hoped and that is why I only gave it 4 points, but will definitely make again, but will use graham cracker crust next time.
Jul 6, 2014
This was a good summer pie I enjoyed it but I did not try the crust maybe next time I used gram cracker instead I did use Nellie & Joes key lime juice for the first time that stuff is the bomb.
Jun 15, 2014
I added powdered sugar to the whipped cream.
Jun 10, 2014
Very good and easy to make. I used graham crackers instead of shortbread for the crust and baked it for 10 minutes at 350. This was a big hit with the family!