Macadamia Key Lime Pie
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 1 cup crushed shortbread cookies
- 1/2 cup finely chopped macadamia nuts
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup Key lime juice or lime juice
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped macadamia nuts
- In a small bowl, mix cookie crumbs, macadamia nuts and sugar; stir in butter. Press onto bottom and up sides of a greased 9-in. pie plate. Refrigerate 30 minutes.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Beat in milk and lime juice until blended. Transfer to crust. Refrigerate, covered, at least 4 hours.
- In a small bowl, beat cream until soft peaks form; spoon or pipe onto pie. Top with macadamia nuts.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 604 calories, 45g fat (23g saturated fat), 111mg cholesterol, 297mg sodium, 46g carbohydrate (35g sugars, 1g fiber), 9g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Oct 29, 2018
Excellent! Great crust, great taste, easy. I added one tsp. lime zest. Will be making this again - a keeper!
Mar 14, 2017
Amazing! I'm wondering if anyone has successfully tried to lighten it up a bit. With the amount of times I make this I need to try to find a lighter version (for health reasons) so that I can keep eating it! :) It is SO yummy!
Jul 14, 2016
To provide a nice green color and tartness, I add 1 or 2 tablespoons of lime jello powder. It makes the pie so pretty and tangy.
May 28, 2016
Really easy & so good!
May 24, 2016
My guys favorite Key Lime Pie!
Nov 28, 2015
I made this for Thanksgiving. I didn't taste it. People were saying 'what type of pie is this'. Initially I said 'I don't know' although I did of course know. The people were saying that the pie was delicious. Then I said, 'oh I prepared that pie'. They said it was really, really good! I did crush the macadamia cookies into crumbs, but not fine crumbs. I guess you really don't have to either. I couldn't find my mixer so I didn't worry about the whipped cream. I guess I could have used the blender, but I didn't. I will make this again for Christmas. I think I'll taste it next time.
Mar 23, 2015
I made this for my annual St. Patrick's Day Party. It was very good and everyone seemed to enjoy. The crust was not as flavorful as I had hoped and that is why I only gave it 4 points, but will definitely make again, but will use graham cracker crust next time.
Jul 6, 2014
This was a good summer pie I enjoyed it but I did not try the crust maybe next time I used gram cracker instead I did use Nellie & Joes key lime juice for the first time that stuff is the bomb.
Jun 15, 2014
I added powdered sugar to the whipped cream.
Jun 10, 2014
Very good and easy to make. I used graham crackers instead of shortbread for the crust and baked it for 10 minutes at 350. This was a big hit with the family!