Loaded Quinoa Breakfast Bowl
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + soaking Cook: 15 min.
- 3/4 cup water, divided
- 1/4 cup tri-colored quinoa, rinsed
- 2 tablespoons dried goji berries or dried cranberries
- 1 small banana
- 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup fresh or frozen unsweetened blueberries
- 1 tablespoon chopped California Walnuts
- 1 tablespoon slivered almonds
- 1 tablespoon fresh pumpkin seeds
- Additional unsweetened almond milk and maple syrup, optional
- In a small saucepan, bring 1/2 cup water to a boil. Add quinoa. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, until liquid is absorbed, 12-15 minutes. Meanwhile, soak berries in remaining water for 10 minutes; drain. Halve banana crosswise. Slice 1 banana half; mash the other.
- Remove quinoa from heat; fluff with a fork. Mix in mashed banana, almond milk, maple syrup, cinnamon and vanilla. Transfer to an individual bowl; add blueberries, walnuts, almonds, pumpkin seeds, banana slices and goji berries. If desired, serve with additional almond milk and maple syrup.
Test Kitchen tips
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 475 calories, 13g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 85mg sodium, 83g carbohydrate (35g sugars, 10g fiber), 13g protein.
Apr 1, 2020
After an MRI i was diagnosed of MULTIPLE SCLEROSIS. After years on medications, symptoms worsened with tremors on my right hand, numbness and tingling, muscle weakness and loss of speech. Fortunately last year, I learnt about Rich Herbal Gardens (ww w. richherbalgardens. c om) and their effective MS Formula treatment through an MS support group on facebook the Multiple Sclerosis treatment made a great difference, most of my symptoms including balance, weakness, falling alot and others gradually disappeared. I improved greatly over the 4 months treatment, its been a year since the treatment, i have no symptoms. I have a very good quality of life and a great family!
Dec 31, 2019
A hearty breakfast that's full of flavor and texture! This was the first time I had encountered tri-color quinoa, but it was so tasty and so easy to cook that it has become one of my favorite grains. The dried cranberries added some great flavor and the nuts added crunch. You could also use different types of granola for toppings. A great winter breakfast!
Jan 27, 2019
Love love love this, so full of flavor!