- 1-1/2 cups crushed graham crackers (about 24 squares)
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 package (3 ounces) lime gelatin
- 1 cup boiling water
- 2 packages (one 8 ounces, one 3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 carton (16 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Combine the first three ingredients; set aside 2 tablespoons for topping. Press remaining crumbs onto the bottom of an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. dish; set aside. In a small bowl, dissolve gelatin in boiling water; cool.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Beat in vanilla. Slowly add gelatin until combined. Fold in whipped topping. Spoon over crust; sprinkle with reserved crumbs. Cover and refrigerate for 3 hours or until set. Yield: 12-15 servings.
Reviews forLime Chiffon Dessert
"This is great for warm days. It is so good. Thank you for this keeper."
"I have made this many times. It is so yummy and light! Great dish for pot lucks. Everyone loves it."
"I make this often, it reminded my mother of wolworth's ice box cheese cake, I make it with lemmon jello. since I'm diabetic, I use diet jello"
"This is such a refreshing dessert! I made it many years ago and will be bringing it to the Easter table this year. It's awesome with other flavors of Jello!"
"We substitute Splenda for the sugar and Sugar Free Jello for the sugar type. It comes out wonderful. My hubby makes several of these for the annual family reunion - they ALL get eaten! People put in special requests! We freeze often ours - just a few minutes to thaw(so it can be cut) and it is wonderful - like an ice cream dessert."
"This recipe is really good and flexible. If you have raspberry jello and sprinkle sparkles, kids love it! It's light and enjoyable for the adults, too. Really easy to make!"
"Delicious with any regular flavor gelatin. Wouldn't try grape or any far out flavors."