Light Chicken and Broccoli Bake
Cheesy chicken and broccoli bakes are the ultimate comfort food, but I wanted to give the classic casserole a healthier spin. Mine cuts down on fat and calories, but keeps the same cozy flavor. —Jenny Dubinsky, Inwood, West Virginia
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 large Nellie’s Free Range Eggs
- 1 cup fat-free milk
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat biscuit/baking mix
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 cups frozen broccoli florets (about 9 ounces), thawed and drained
- 1 cup shredded rotisserie chicken
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- Preheat oven to 400°. In a large bowl, whisk together first five ingredients. Stir in broccoli, chicken, onion and 1/4 cup cheese. Transfer to a greased 9-in. pie plate. Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake until golden brown and a knife inserted near the center comes out clean, 15-20 minutes. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
Test Kitchen tips:
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 274 calories, 11g fat (4g saturated fat), 139mg cholesterol, 667mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 3g fiber), 22g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1-1/2 fat, 1 starch, 1 vegetable.
Originally published as Healthified Chicken and Broccoli Pie in Simple & Delicious December/January 2018
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.