These chewy gems have refreshing lemon flavor. They freeze well and thaw easily in the fridge, so you can cure a craving anytime. —Karla Johnson, East Helena, MT
Featured In: 25 Recipes for Easter Cookies
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 4 large egg whites
- Dash cream of tartar
- Dash salt
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 package (14 ounces) plus 2 cups flaked coconut
- 1-1/2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- Preheat oven to 325°. In a small bowl, beat egg whites, cream of tartar and salt until stiff peaks form. In a large bowl, beat milk and lemon juice on high until thickened, about 3 minutes. Stir in coconut, lemon peel and baking powder; fold in beaten egg whites.
Drop coconut mixture by rounded tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto parchment paper-lined baking sheets. Bake 15-18 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on pans 2 minutes. Remove to wire racks to cool.
Freeze option: Freeze cookies, layered between waxed paper, in freezer containers. To use, thaw before serving. Yield: about 3 dozen.
Originally published as Lemony Coconut Macaroons in Simple & Delicious December/January 2014
Reviews forLemony Coconut Macaroons
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Dec. 5, 2014
"No adjustments, these are sooooo easy and delicious."