- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cartons (15 ounces each) ricotta cheese
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon zest
- 1 package lemon cake mix (regular size)
- 1 cup water
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 3 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons confectioners' sugar
- In a large bowl, combine the eggs, ricotta cheese, sugar and lemon zest; set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, water, oil, lemon juice and eggs; beat on low speed for 30 seconds. Beat on medium for 2 minutes. Pour into a greased 13x9-in. baking pan. Carefully spoon ricotta mixture on top of cake batter.
- Bake at 350° for 60-65 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack for 1 hour. Refrigerate overnight. Dust with confectioners' sugar; cut into squares. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 16-20 servings.
Reviews forLemon Ricotta Cheesecake Squares
"I had made this recipe about 3-1/2 months back! I found this to be an unusual recipe! The cake based on at least all of these reviews WAS very light AND refreshing! The ricotta filling certainly makes this unique!"
"This was quite good. Maybe one needs to like ricotta ...I love it. Thanks."