Lemon Ricotta Cheesecake Squares
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cartons (15 ounces each) ricotta cheese
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon zest
- 1 package lemon cake mix (regular size)
- 1 cup water
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 3 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons confectioners' sugar
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the eggs, ricotta cheese, sugar and lemon zest; set aside.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, water, oil, lemon juice and eggs; beat on low speed for 30 seconds. Beat on medium for 2 minutes. Pour into a greased 13x9-in. baking pan. Carefully spoon ricotta mixture on top of cake batter.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 60-65 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack for 1 hour. Refrigerate overnight. Dust with confectioners' sugar; cut into squares. Refrigerate leftovers.
1 piece: 221 calories, 9g fat (3g saturated fat), 72mg cholesterol, 209mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (20g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein.
Jul 3, 2017
I had made this recipe about 3-1/2 months back! I found this to be an unusual recipe! The cake based on at least all of these reviews WAS very light AND refreshing! The ricotta filling certainly makes this unique!
Mar 17, 2017
Simple and delicious recipe. I would bake a tad less next time as I thought it a little dry, but everyone else loved it. The lemon was the perfect blend to make this a light and refreshing dessert.
May 21, 2015
These are very moist and lemony. The ricotta filling is excellent. The cake base was OK, but retained that cake mix taste. I would make these again, however, probably using a homemade cake batter, rather than a mix. Nice recipe!
Dec 31, 1969
I love the fresh taste of this recipe. Lemon is one of my favorite flavors. The ricotta is so light and is surprising to eat as a sweet dessert. I'll be making this one again and again. Very easy to make.
Jan 30, 2010
This was quite good. Maybe one needs to like ricotta ...I love it. Thanks.