Layered Peanut Butter Chocolate Fudge Recipe
My younger brother and I share a passion for candy making. This smooth and creamy fudge from a co-worker of mine features the classic combination of peanut butter and chocolate.
- 1-1/2 teaspoons butter (no substitutes), softened
- 2-2/3 cups milk chocolate chips
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter, divided
- 2 tablespoons shortening, divided
- 2-2/3 cups vanilla or white chips
- 1. Line a 13-in. x 9-in. pan with foil and grease the foil with butter; set aside. In a heavy saucepan, melt the milk chocolate chips, 1/2 cup peanut butter and 1 tablespoon shortening over low heat; cool and stir constantly until smooth. Pour into prepared pan. Refrigerate for 10 minutes or until firm.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a heavy saucepan, melt the vanilla chips and the remaining peanut butter and shortening over low heat; cook and stir until smooth. Spread evenly over the chocolate layer. Refrigerate for 30 minutes or until firm. Using the foil, lift fudge out of pan. Gently peel off the foil; cut into 1-in. squares. Yield: About 2-1/2 pounds.
1 piece: 56 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated fat), 2mg cholesterol, 17mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Reviews for Layered Peanut Butter Chocolate Fudge
© 2018 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC