Mint and bourbon give this drink a Kentucky kick, and ginger ale makes it a fizzy party punch.—Cathy Justus, Taylor, Michigan
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 cup fresh mint leaves
- 1/2 cup bourbon, optional
- 4 cups ginger ale
- Ice cubes
- Lemon slices and additional fresh mint leaves, optional
- In a small saucepan, bring sugar and water to a boil. Reduce heat; cook 1-2 minutes or until sugar is dissolved. Remove from heat; add lemon juice and mint leaves. If desired, stir in bourbon. Refrigerate 1 hour or until chilled.
- Just before serving, strain mixture into a 2-qt. pitcher; stir in ginger ale. Serve over ice. If desired, top with lemon slices and additional mint.
Originally published as Kentucky Lemonade in Breakfast & Brunch 2016 Bookazine
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.