- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1/3 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/2 cup raspberry or strawberry jam
- In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. In a small bowl, lightly beat eggs; add milk, butter and lemon peel. Pour into dry ingredients and stir just until moistened. Spoon half of the batter into 12 greased or paper-lined muffin cups. Make a well in the center of each; add jam. Spoon remaining batter over jam. Bake at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until golden. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews forJam-filled Muffins
"Pretty good! I added 1/2 t cinnamon. I also sprinkled the tops with granola (next time I might try coarse sugar). I also would add just a little more jam...maybe a full teaspoon for each muffin. All in all, a good muffin and one you could experiment with (orange zest, different jams, etc.) PS I used plum preserves and they were excellent!"